Terms & Conditions
1. Islay Ales Company Ltd (hereafter ‘we’) shall not be liable for any delay in delivering your order if the reason for this is beyond our control. Examples of circumstances beyond our control would be weather, war, riot, civil commotion, malicious damage, compliance with any law or government order, failure of Internet Service Provider or delays which occur once the package has been passed to our carrier.
2. We may change or add to these terms and conditions, as and when it is necessary, for security, legal or regulatory reasons.
3. All ales we offer are subject to availability. We reserve the right to supply an alternative ale if the one you have chosen is out of stock.
4. We use a strong, purpose-built box in order to supply your order. In addition, we will label our boxes to encourage carriers to keep our bottles safe and upright. This should be sufficient for your order to arrive in perfect condition.
5. We may change any part of this site, should the need arise, including the pricing or descriptions of our beers, at any time.
6. Your signature at the point of delivery acknowledges receipt of the goods. In the event that the goods cannot be delivered a card will be left by our carrier and an attempt will be made to deliver the next day. Storage will be at our carrier’s local depot. We cannot accept liability for parcels left by our courier, when no signature has been obtained.
7. The prices quoted are inclusive of VAT (Value Added Tax).
8. Upon receipt of your order, you should inspect it to make sure that it is intact and in full. The courier must be informed of breakages or external damage if these are apparent. Any responsibility for the quality of the ales themselves lies with Islay Ales Company Ltd.
9. We will offer a refund in the event of an ale being substandard.
10. Under the Data Protection Act 1998, Islay Ales Company Ltd will not divulge personal information, such as address and card details to any other party, other than the minimal information needed to deliver your order. We may add your postal address or email contact to our database. Our database is used purely to inform customers of news or updates to our service, and the information is not shared with other customers.
It is against the law to sell or indeed supply intoxicating substances to persons under 18 years of age in the UK. By placing an order you confirm that you are at least 18 years old. If our couriers are in doubt of the age of the recipient of an order they will request some form of ID. In the event that this is not satisfied they are not permitted to leave the beer.